Orientation Night is mandatory for all participating hunters.
Here, hunters will be:
- Briefed on the official Rules of the Hunt;
- Briefed on what is expected of them, with respect to hunting, registration of private lands and harvested animals, playing nicely with fellow hunters, forging good relationships between the landowners and the bowhunting community, and the Hot Spot Program;
- Receive a copy of the Rules Manual and Map; and
- Meet their Hunt Coordinator and fellow hunters.
- Please see note below. Orientation is mandatory, and there will NOT be make-up sessions, or exemptions made. If you want to participate, you WILL make it a priority and clear your schedule for one of these two nights. If it isn't a priority, we understand, and we wish you all the luck as you pursue whitetails elsewhere.
You must attend one of the two Orientation Nights. You do not have to attend both. If you have time, come early as we have to manually check in all of the hunters, hand out Rules Manuals, Hunter ID cards, armbands, stand tags, etc.
Dates of the Orientation Night
- Primary Orientation
August 7, 2013 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Make-Up Orientation
August 25, 2013 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Location: Probably UMD, Bohannen Hall, Room 90, or in the room just to the right, Room 70 or 80 in Montegue Hall. Look for the sign in tables. They are 20 yards away from Room 90 Bohanen Hall. Please check back here in August to verify the actual room number..
Click here for a map of UMD for Orientation Night.
Any questions, please contact the ABA.